A1 improvements to protect the climate
- The biggest impact so far: replacing thermal evaporation processes by reverse osmosis for seawater desalination
- Where else can/does the use of membranes help saving energy demand
- Can membranes also contribute to less CO2 release in other –non-combustion- processes?
- In the case of CH4,leakage plays a major role in the technical use of this gas. Selective membranes can reduce the release.
- A significant release for CH4 as well as N2O originates from the liquid phase (=water). Membranes can help to reduce this release
- For Carbon Capture Usage / Storage( CCUS ) membranes can be used at different points in the process, either primarily for gas transfer from the atmosphere (or flue gas) or as a supplement/downstream for the treatment of adsorption solutions.